Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dr Kalam visit - August 2009

Dear Friends,


Today is one year completion after Registration of our Dream India. In addition to this, a great news to share from our side:
By 11.15 am today, there was sudden information regarding an opportunity to meet Dr. APJ Kalam Sir in Chennai Airport - VIP lounge.

He is traveling from Delhi – Coimbatore via Chennai. ( 2-3 hours - Waiting time in Chennai).

Nata informed me & Janu to make it to the event if possible. No second thought. Who could miss such an opportunity? Closed the System.

Started from office & reached airport by 12.00 noon. Janaki reached around 12.15 PM.

Prime point Srinivasan sir was the coordinator for this meet as usual. Thanks to him for informing us.

There were 4 people from an NGO in Kodambakkam Area, One from V-trust & Mr. Britto. In total there were 10 people.

The fact that surprised us is ‘Kalam Sir’s Time management’. He wants to Utilize this Waiting hours in airport by meeting people.

Waited for almost an hour. Flight was delayed. Sir & his team reached by 1.30 PM.

In another 5 mins, guards frisked us & we went to the VIP lounge. Entered the room around 1.40 PM.

Saw the man who is a source of inspiration to millions of we people in arm’s distance. Took his blessings & we sat on the floor.

He informed his security gaurds who were inside the room, to have seat outside.

He told it with a sense of humor that “These people are good people & no harm will happen to me”.

We don’t know how the next one hour went. He listened patiently to each one of us. Asked about the activities we do.

He suggested points to improve rural education. He insisted of teaching practical skills along with studies.

Ponraj sir, his PA took number of snaps. Special Thanks to him who again was a reason for this meeting.

Srinivasan sir, asked him to give message for the youngsters for which he narrated a story of a Swamiji & gave a Crux at the end of the story:

“When you give for others you get happiness’ – This is the Crux.

I have recorded this video clipping in my mobile. Will share it with you guys in couple of days.

I & Janu shared our college incident, that we entered one of the school in Jaipur, as school student in order to see him.

Also told him, that you questioned Janakiraman when he raised a question, that you don’t seem to be a school student. Kalam Sir laughed listening to our incident.

Taking this opportunity, I informed Kalam Sir about Vasantham School. He enquired about the strength of students & their activities.

When requested whether he would be able to come for 20th Year Celebration of Vasantham in November, he told that he may not able to join the function but would definitely visit the school during his tour in Chennai.

Finally we all took his Autograph & blessings again. We felt the Vibrancy in us.

Life time memorable occasion Friends. Thanks to God.

Regards
Partheeban.B
 
Read more about the event here


Inspiring story
Dear friends,I wrote about the meeting of Dr Abdul Kalam with representatives of partner organisations of Action 2020 team on 11th August 2009. I want to share a very inspiring incident that happened during our meeting.

All the members introduced themselves individually to Dr Kalam and also shared in brief about their activities. Vinod, Founder of one of the Student organisations VTrust was also there. He introduced himself as 'Vinod' and shared the information about the activities of VTrust. Dr Kalam asked him what he was doing. He said, he had completed his B.Com in last April and was now planning to pursue his Company Secretary. Then Dr Kalam left him at that stage and moved to the next person.
After we finished our meeting, we took a group photograph. We started leaving the hall. At that time, Dr Kalam called 'Vinod' by name and told him "You are a socially conscious person. Why don't you try IAS. If you enter IAS, you can do many good things to the society". Immediately, Vinod agreed and sought his blessings prostrating before him. Vinod was holding in his hand, a brief note about VTrust. In his excitement, he forgot to handover the note. "Can I have this", asked Dr Kalam and took the note for his reading. Then we all left the room.

The story does not end here
After leaving the meeting, on the same day, Vinod started making round the entire City to find out the coaching centres for IAS. within 6 hours, he collected lot of information about IAS preparations, coaching centres, etc. "Dr Kalam has advised me to prepare for IAS and to become an IAS Officer. Definitely, I will join IAS and do great job to the society", says beaming Vinod.

I am sharing this with you only to exhibit how Dr Kalam inspires the younger generation. On behalf of the group, I wish Vinod all the best in his new goal of becoming an IAS officer

Vinod can be reached at vtrust.help (at) gmail.com and his contact number is 9884116235
 
Regards,
Srinivasan


Sebasting Britto Stephen
Frendz For Life Family 


Hii Friends,

                   The day August 11-2009, can be marked as one of the important day in my life. I had the golden opportunity of meeting this man, Whom I  consider as my God- father .Dr APJ Abdul  kalam .He was very happy to see the members of India vision group.Each one representing different  NGO’s. I was there to represent (Frendz For Life)  students family from Pondicherry. Srinivasan sir introduced everyone of us to Dr kalam . 
                First, I was little nervous, since I am meeting the missile man ,not as a normal person but the member of his action2020team .That was the first time I saw Dr kalam in person. I had all responsibilities to express him my worthiness to be in his team. Friends, I could say, I haven’t seen such a simple and humble person in my life .Even a child could understand his character in minute’s time. An experienced person at the age of 77 will like only to share his own views to youngsters rather listening to them. But Dr kalam patiently listened to us .what we say and also gave us suggestions just like a friend. 
             When my coordinator introduced me to Dr kalam, he saw me and smiled me .I introduced myself as Britto from Pondicherry and started my brief description of what kind of work we do for the society. I told him “When ever my students start any activities they will do in your (Dr kalam’s) name. We always work as told by you”. 
Dr kalam looked every one of us and told us the story which had its theme as “What you achieve in your life as told by other person is not important. But, what you achieve for being born in this world in your name is important.” 
The message was truly inspiring for me.   
          Some of the interesting Qualities I observed in Dr kalam 

* Dr kalam is stalwart in technical knowledge, One of the renowned world leader in with vast social experience .A great teacher for his age of 77.  person with all this credit will surely try to share their own experience; will like to give lectures to youth rather than listening to them. In about one hour of our meet, He was just listening to us for 40 minutes. He perceived completely what we do to society and gave us the friendly suggestion. 

 *  When we entered inside the VIP lounge every one of us were nervous since we are about to meet a Ex-President of India,A Brahat Ratna awarded personality. When we came out after meeting him. We had only memories of chatting with a good old friend, a complete relaxed state. I hope you could perceive how friendly he would be then to speak. 

  *  The car driver of Srinivasan sir, also wished to see Dr kalam. Having an handshake with Dr kalam was one of his greatest wish. Dr kalam made him to sit beside him equally, did a handshake with him and told “Your Hands are so hard. It shows Your hard work” .I saw the driver face that time. I could sense his harmony that his hard work in life got its meaning. That moment I realized the real meaning of equality and brotherhood from dictionary of Dr kalam. 

   *  When we all left the room after taking his autograph .I told Dr kalam 
                “I can say FFL’s (My trust)works are in no way comparable to your   
                  achievement sir   But  in future I  will surely create at least  two Abdul   
                   Dr kalam’s for India “. 
               Dr kalam took my hand and  said this beautiful Thirukural

Ulliathu eiythal elithu matrunthan 
Ulliathu ullap perin

             It means: When you set your mind determined on something. Just ensure you mind is set on it .You will achieve it for sure. Then I reliazed this man     and Thirukural has moer similar “Short But Powerful” 
  
        With this we bid good bye to Dr kalam and left airport. Friends, I like to extend my hearty thanks to Srinivasan sir in this letter.My dream come true of meeting kalam became real because of him. He is doing the wonderful work of identifying the potential social workers and taking their works to Dr kalam. Lets all support Srinivasan sir and Indiavision2020 group and show to our country 
                                                                                   “Youth are not useless. But they are used Less”   
                                                                                                           Regards, 
                                                               

1 comment:

Unknown said...

actually am very happy by reading all ur letters best wishes from my side can you please inform me about any competition in future thank you my emailid is poojaworld78@gmail.com