Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Response from Dr.APJ

Dear Friends,

We take great pleasure in sharing the kind response from Dr.APJ sir about the meeting report.

From: Abdulkalam APJ <apj@abdulkalam.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [India_Vision_2020] A report on meeting with Dr.APJ Abdul Kalam on July 25th, 2008 - DreamIndia perspective
To: India_Vision_2020@yahoogroups.com
Cc: Prime Point Srinivasan <prpoint@gmail.com>

Dear Shri Natarajan Raman,

Thank you for your elaborate mail on the event and discussions which took place on 25 July 2008. For me, your mail with all the details was really an interesting material to read. After meeting India 2020 Vision team, I would have met over 100,000 youth at different places like Mumbai, Hyderabad, Pune, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Sultanpur Lodhi (Kapurthala) and Chennai. In all these places, I have given the following message:

I recall a situation in 1990 beginning when I was addressing the youth many young people were asking me "When I can sing a song of India?", Last year in July 2007, I heard them saying "What can I give to my nation?". But on 24 July 2008, I have heard the youth saying that "I can do it".

This message of "I can do it - we can do it and nation can do it" has emanated from the discussions we had with the India Vision 2020 Team at Chennai on 25 July 2008. So I would like to greet all the members of India Vision 2020 for giving the youth an opportunity to join an action oriented team for contributing towards societal transformation.

Greetings and best wishes

Kalam


Thanks,
Natarajan
Dream India
www.dreamindia2020.org

No comments: